How To Tie a Half-Windsor Knot
Published on August 26, 2020
1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end.
2.Lay the tie around your neck with the wide end hanging 12 inches lower than the narrow end. Then cross the wide end over the narrow end.
3. Pull the wide end behind the narrow end.
4. Then take the wide end and pull it through the gap between collar and necktie.
5. Next take the wide end and wrap over the narrow end of the tie.
6. Then pull the wide end again through the gap between collar and tie.
7. Don’t pull tight yet to allow for a loop on top of the knot.
8. Pull the wide end of the tie through the loop on top of the knot.
9. Pull tight and adjust the knot to sit centered between your collar. That’s all there is to it. Good job!!!