HMS Nelson (28) - Corazzata classe Nelson - Entrata in servizio 10 settembre 1930 - Dislocamento (alla costruzione) 34.490 t 39.000 t (a pieno carico) Lunghezza 220 m Larghezza 32 m Pescaggio 10 m Propulsione 8 caldaie 2 turbine Brown-Curtis 2 assi elica 45.000 CV Velocità (43,5 km/h) Autonomia 7.000 n.mi. a 16 nodi (13.000 km a 30 km/h) Equipaggio 1.361 - Radiata nel 1948
4 1941 The British reinforce Singapore. The new British battleship HMS Prince of Wales in Singapore Harbour, December She had arrived with HMS Repulse, together forming 'Force Z' - designed to deter Japanese aggression.
15 in battlecruisers HMS Hood and HMS Renown at Gibraltar in the early 1930s: it is not obvious here, but Hood mounted 8 guns to Renown's 6, and was some 13000 tons heavier. These two plus Renown's sister Repulse were by then the only battlecruisers remaining in Royal Navy service.
Blohm & Voss Ha 139 was a German all-metal inverted gull wing floatplane. With its four engines it was at the time one of the largest float-equipped seaplanes that had been built. Initially designed as mail/cargo aircraft for Deutche Lufthansa, on the outbreak of World War II, the planes were transferred to Luftwaffe and used for transport, reconnaissance and minesweeping work over the Baltic Sea.
Blohm & Voss Ha 139 The Blohm & Voss Ha 139 was a German all-metal inverted gull wing floatplane. With its four engines it was at the time one of the largest float-equipped seaplanes that had been built.
The only 14 in battleship in the Grand Fleet, HMS Canada was actually the Chilean Almirante Latorre, building in British yards and purchased by the Royal Navy near completion as WW1 broke out. Commissioned in 1915, she was a Jutland veteran, and was re-sold to Chile under her original name in 1920. She had a remarkably long existence, surviving until 1959.