Egypt: The entrance to the Temple of Luxor, at Luxor, Thebes, Egypt, on the banks of the River Nile. It was built by Amenophis III and added to by Rameses II, between 1408 and 1300 BC. It was dedicated to the three gods Amun, Mut and Khons. The twin colonnades of bell-capital columns, 12.8 m (42 ft) high, were the only part ever built of a grand hypostyle hall projected by the pharaoh. ©michael freeman
Granodiorite head of Rameses II from Bubastis, Lower Egypt dated as New Kingdom ( 1279 - 1213BCE ) and housed at the Nicholson Museum, University of Sydney, Australia. The black granite head of Ramesses II originally came from a larger statue & is of monumental scale. The head is supported by a back pillar which bears the remains of three hieroglyphic signs. There is evidence that suggests re-use ( remodeling ) the bust could have been of a previous ruler Amenhetep III.